Pinnacle Pain and Spine only sees qualified patients with proven and current radiology reports detailing their underlying diagnosis, a current pharmacy history, and verifiable identification. The ideal candidate for this position is someone who has a comprehensive understanding of chronic pain diagnosis and treatments and can conduct patient interviews and perform appropriate physical exams and imaging reviews to develop the patient’s plan of care.
Other Essential Functions include but are not limited to the following…
- Order and interpret diagnostic test results. Provide education to patient regarding results of diagnostic tests.
- Make diagnoses and decisions about management and treatment of the pain patient.
- Prescribe therapy and/or medication per practice guidelines.
- Perform interventional pain management procedures including spinal and joint injections
- Instruct and counsel patients about prescribed therapeutic regimens, normal findings, emotional problems of daily living, and health maintenance.
- Provide accurate and thorough documentation of the entire office visit in a timely fashion. Note completion expected within 48 hours of office visit.
- Address messages regarding patient questions regarding diagnosis and treatment plan.
- Maintain licensing and prescribing duties by ensuring renewals and required continued education is completed.
- Practice in a safe and compliant manner, in accordance to practice policies & protocols as well as your state/national regulatory licensing guidelines.
- At least 2 years experience
- Must have completed an accredited residency in Anesthesiology and/or an accredited fellowship in Pain Management
- Must be board certified or board eligible in specialty
- Active and unrestricted license in the State of Arizona
- DEA license or ability to obtain prior to employment
- Rational use of opioids in the treatment of chronic pain
- Advanced radiographic imaging (i.e. MRI)
- Psychological pathology and relation to chronic pain
- Applications of the biopsychosocial model of pain
- Extensive knowledge and experience in educating patients and other providers about a full spectrum of interventional pain/spine procedures to include the following: Indications, Spinal anatomy associated with intervention, Pharmacology associated with intervention, Potential complications and associated work-up and treatment associated with intervention
- Previous pain management, or clinic setting experience preferred
- EMR system adaptability
- Microsoft office suite experience
Malpractice insurance provided, at no cost to the provider
Level of compensation contingent on experience
Practice Hours are 8:00am - 5:00pm, Monday - Friday; no weekends
Very competitive benefits package available
Provides exemplary patient care as the medical provider to the pain management patient within the clinic setting.
This position has no direct reports.
Please feel free to apply and upload your resume. We look forward to reviewing your application and will reach out soon to set up an opportunity to meet and interview in person. Thank you for taking the time to review this job posting and upload your information.